The facts are the facts; social media is where the people are and you should join them. Did you know there are over 1.5 billion users on Facebook, 500 million on Twitter and over 238 million on LinkedIn? As you can see, social media is critical to building your online presence and determining your search engine rank, ultimately helping your business get found.
Here are 4 reasons why you should embrace social media today:
1) Connected with your audience
- Use platforms like Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn allowing yourself to meet your customers where they spend the most time; online.
- Social media provides a great avenue to interact with those customers, so ask them questions about what they think and how they feel. Show them that you care.
- Unlike traditional advertising, social media provides a two-way street, so look both ways.
2) Targeted marketing opportunities
- Social media provides direct avenues to track your buyer's interests and behaviours online.
- Advertising tools like Facebook Ads & Google AdWords allow you to target your audience by specific keywords, interests, demographics and regions, helping you reach the right people in the right places.
3) Enhanced SEO
- Create high-quality content to publish on your website or blog, and people will want to share it through their social networks, creating backlinks for you and improving your search engine results.
- Generate inbound links by creating killer content marketing like blog posts, videos, infographics etc.
- Crowd source – by creating a social media following you can reduce your reliance on natural search engine results, and have your fans promoting your content.
- Blog – Companies that blog see 70% more leads than those that don’t. Every blog creates a new indexed page on your website increasing your ability to rank in a search engine. Why not give blogging a try?
4) Building Your Brand
- More and more companies are integrating social media into their overall marketing strategies and dedicating budget to cover resources like monitoring tools and hiring social media professionals.
- Get noticed by creating a brilliant online persona, developing quality content, and providing great customer service.
- 73% of small business owners use social media to power their brand and you should too.
These are just 4 of the many reasons why you and your brand should embrace social media. It may seem overwhelming, but realizing the powerful potential is a great start!
By: Kate McConney